Wednesday, January 16, 2013

{Jamie #Review} Erotic Contemporary: Double Time by Olivia Cunning

DOUBLE TIME by Olivia Cunning
Series: Sinners on Tour #3
Format: eBook via Netgalley
Genre: Erotic Contemporary
Length: 416 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca (November 6, 2012)

He Craves Her Music and Passion
On the rebound from the tumult of his bisexual lifestyle, notoriously sexy rock guitarist Trey Mills falls for sizzling new female guitar sensation Reagan Elliot and is swept into the hot, heady romance he never dreamed possible.

She Can't Get Enough of His Body
Ecstatic to be on tour learning the ropes with Trey's band, The Sinners, Reagan finds she craves Trey as much as she craves being in the spotlight.

They Both Need More…
When Reagan's ex, Ethan Connor, enters the scene, Trey's secret desires come back to haunt him, and pleasure and passion are taken to a whole new level of dangerous desire.

Get Your Own Copy: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Nook | Kobo | Book Depository
Other Books in Series:



REVIEW:

I’m going to preface this review by saying I love Olivia Cunning and her Sinners. It takes a very talented writer to take 5 rock stars and make them into believable romance heroes. That being said… I was so, so excited for Trey’s story. Trey has been my favorite from the beginning. Originally, his book was supposed to be last so when I found out it was being released as the third I was excited and a little worried. As you read you will see that Jace and Eric have already had their HEA’s.

Trey Mills plays guitar for the Sinners. He’s bisexual and been in love with his band mate, and best friend, Brian since they we’re teenagers. As he watches Brian move on with his life he vows to let him go and move on with his. He’s ready to settle down. And that’s when he meets, or rather hears Reagan Elliot.

Reagan gets the chance to play for Exodus End, Trey’s brothers band, where she meets Trey and there is instant chemistry. When she gets the opportunity to tour with Trey and the band she jumps on it.

Trey tries to hide the fact that he’s bisexual from Reagan but when he meets Ethan Connor, her roommate and ex, he is immediately attracted to him. And Ethan just happens to be bisexual and still in love with Reagan but also attracted to Trey. But can they make it work?

I love Trey. I know I’ve said that but I do. He makes this book. Despite the playboy, rock star attitude he really is a good guy. He struggles with his bisexuality and his relationship with Reagan and I think that makes him human. I really thought I was going to love Reagan with her tomboy and her kick ass guitar skills but I didn’t. Don’t get me wrong, she is kind of awesome but I just think that at some points she came off a bit annoying. I wish we got more of Ethan, especially his relationship with Trey. Though these two really heat up the pages. But I wanted more, especially with the three of them.

Favorite Quote
He laughed. “Okay, fine. Platonic. I can do that. That’s where we hold our breath, try not to come for a really long time, meditate and stuff, right?”
She laughed. “No, baby, that’s tantric.”
“I was hoping that was what you meant,” he said, a devilish grin on his handsome face.

Overall
Double Time is the fifth in the series but was the third released. I just don’t understand why we have Trey’s book now. Don’t get me wrong, I love Trey. He was my favorite from the beginning. It’s just so odd to be reading it out of order especially since the series is so closely entwined.

But I will say that if you are a fan of the series then you will enjoy it. It’s sexy and fun and will melt your panties.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...