WELCOME TO STUDIO SMEXY SATURDAYS ALANNA!!!
A note from Jenn: Alanna is the sweetest model I've worked with in a while. She was just... sweet. There's really no other way to describe her. Of course, when the camera was on...WHOA stand back, she was smexy. And she could pull off SO many looks! We steampunked her out, and historical, and before she left she asked for a pic with Ender on her cell phone, because she didn't think anyone would believe her. How freakin' CUTE is that?!?!
I adored her. I can't wait to get back to Portland so I can work with her again, because she just makes me smile.
Jamie and Kati: Tell us 5 interesting things about yourself.
- I'm a big nerd! I've been to Star Trek and Star Wars conventions, plus I can speak bits of Klingon. Which should make #2 not so surprising...
- I never, ever got asked out to a high school dance. The only dance I attended was my senior prom, at my mom's insistence, and I had no date.
- I have one pet rabbit that I got from the shelter. They were going to put him to sleep for being too aggressive. After 6 months of biting me we finally became friends.
- Spicy foods make me cry.
- I've had my arm all the way up a cow. I studied veterinary medicine and it's just one of those things you have to do.
A: Years ago, if you had told me I'd be a professional model I would have laughed. I was definitely a late bloomer and ugly ducking.
I got talked into being a "model" for a friend who was starting photography. Things went better than I expected, I met people, and eventually I got referred to an agency. After I graduated college I went full time into modeling and have been enjoying it immensely.
J&K: Do you get nervous taking your clothes off and is there a line you won’t cross?
A: That has never made me nervous. The human body is a beautiful thing! If we were supposed to be wearing clothes, we'd have been born with them on. My idea of "the line" is to avoid doing something that would embarrass my grandma. Fortunately, my grandma is relatively liberal and an avid romance novel reader!
J&K: Do you feel like you have to maintain a certain size to keep modeling?
A: Right now I'm happy with where I'm at. Contrary to the bad media stereotypes, I've found that modeling has improved my health. I exercise regularly, I've taken a more active role in eating right, and now I view a good night's sleep as a requirement, not just a luxury. Thankfully I'm not a high fashion model; they face very extreme pressures to be thin. I'm 2 inches too short to walk any major runway so I have a bit more freedom with my body image.
J&K: Since you posed for some romance stock photos, do you read romance? If not, would you pick one up?
A: I have read romance novels before and I certainly will again. I relish the opportunity to read any kind of good story! And if that good story has a nice, handsome guy and a witty heroine, I'm certainly not going to argue with that!
J&K: What is your dream shoot?
A: I've always wanted to go to a ball. I know, call me a hopeless romantic. My dream shoot would be the whole enchilada - horse drawn carriage, a ball gown, a castle with a prince. If that ever happened I'm pretty sure that I'd have to change my permanent address to Cloud 9.
J&K: In one word, describe Studio Smexy (sexy and smexy are not allowed)
A: Just one word?! Dreamy.
Meet Alanna and her gorgeous self:
For more Alanna click here.
- Leave a comment about Alanna's interview, Studio Smexy™ Saturdays or your favorite model to stalk, er, look at.
- Like Studio Smexy™ on Facebook
- Tweet, Facebook or blog about Studio Smexy™ (share the FB link or Studio Smexy™ Saturdays. Grab the button to put on your blog sidebar
- Fill out the rafflecopter form below. You MUST leave a comment, like the FB page and Tweet, Facebook or blog about Studio Smexy™. Well, it is a giveaway for a #StudioSmexy Stalker button (just sayin')
a Rafflecopter giveaway
ALL IMAGES ©Jenn LeBlanc unless noted otherwise
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED NO COPYING, DOWNLOADING, or REPRODUCTION without the express permission of the owner