Friday, November 9, 2012

Jamie's Juicy Tidbits: Political Romances


If you just missed this past election you must have been living under a rock. Now don’t all squirrely on me, this is not a political post. I don’t care who you voted for as long as you voted. I voted though I didn’t get one of those “I Voted” stickers, which made me sad. But anyway, I digress.

Watching the election made me miss my favorite political show The West Wing. I seriously loved that show. I had such a crush on Josh. Yeah, that’s right. Not Sam, though he was very good looking. But Josh was my guy. And you can’t tell me that Jed Bartlett wasn’t a great president. Anyway, I digress again.




Now the new hit show is Scandal. Not very political but super sexy. So all this got me thinking about politicians and romance novels. Do they make good heroes? SO I tried to rack my brain and think of some political romances. I came up with two and both are excellent.


First is Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare. It’s the first in her I-Team series and a total page-turner. Kara McMillan is an investigative reporter and Reece Sheridan is a Senator. After getting tipsy and having her friend ditch her at dinner Kara finds herself getting a ride home with the sexy Senator. Sparks fly but Kara stumbles upon a story that puts her life in danger.



The second is actually a series. It’s the Fatal Series by Marie Force and starts with Fatal Affair. There’s not much that I don’t love about this series. I love Sam is a strong woman and that Nick loves that about her. I also love that as the series continues we get to see some of our favorite secondary characters have their own subplot. Seriously, this is a great series and not to be missed.

(Fatal Affair is currently free for Kindle as well as Fatal Destiny, a novella)



So my Juicy Tidbit for this week is… spend some time with some sexy Senators that will get your blood pressure rising… in the good way.

Do you like political shows or books? What’s your favorite? Is there something I should be reading or watching that I’m not?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...