WELCOME BACK TO THE BLOG ROXANNE!!!
|(c) Stanley Studios|
Prior to launching a full time career as a novelist in 2003, Roxanne spent most of her professional life as a marketing executive and public relations consultant. She is a graduate of UCLA, an active member of several national writing organizations, and a lecturer on a wide range of writing-related topics. She lives in Satellite Beach, Florida with her husband and their two teenagers, and if you know her, you call her Rocki.
Connect with Roxanne: Author Site | Twitter | Facebook
Jamie and Kati: Share 5 fun facts about Barefoot in the Rain.
Roxanne St. Claire:
- Part of Barefoot in the Rain was inspired by my own addiction to home improvement shows, specifically “Clean House.” I love that show! When the main character is “mistaken” for a Clean House scout, I knew I could put all those hours of “research” to work!
- The main character is a life coach, which is a secret dream career of mine. I would love nothing more than telling people what they should do to improve their lives!
- There’s a bird “character” named Henry the Heron and he is quite real and lives in my backyard.
- I chose the name Jocelyn to honor a dear friend of mine by the same name and she went screaming on Facebook: “This is me! This is me!!” (It’s not her, but I adore the name.)
- I went through at least three boxes of tissues writing the last few scenes of the book. This one was a tear-jerker for me.
J&K: What inspired you to write the Barefoot Bay series?
RC: So many inspirations came together for this book. This was originally the book I wanted to write when I decided to take a break from romantic suspense and try my hand at a more emotional, more character-centered story with no bad guys and no dead bodies. When I outlined the four-book series idea, I focused on four friends who come together in good times and bad, and one of them decides to build a resort on her property in Barefoot Bay. With that plot point as the “backbone” of the series, the story of that resort being launched felt like it should be the opening book, so I shifted Barefoot in the Rain to book two. And in the writing of Barefoot in the Rain, I switched the order of books three and four. I’m thankful my editor agrees to all these changes!
J&K: What are you currently working on?
RC: I just finished Barefoot in the Sun, the third book in the Barefoot Bay series, for release next spring. Right now, I’m starting Barefoot by the Sea, book four, scheduled for release in one year. I’m enjoying being immersed in the community of Barefoot Bay and the challenge of giving each of the main characters a unique story and once-in-a-lifetime romance!
BAREFOOT IN THE RAIN:
Get Your Own Copy: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Nook | iBooks
Length: 448 pages
Publisher: Forever (October 30, 2012)
They say you can never go home again...
When “Life Coach to the Stars” Jocelyn Bloom is embroiled in scandal, the only place she can hide is the one place she wishes she could forget. She left Barefoot Bay—and the boy next door who knew all her secrets—years ago. Now nothing about the tiny island off the coast of Florida is quite how she remembers it, especially Will Palmer. He’s even more gorgeous and tempting . . . and still capable of turning her world inside out.
But what if someone is waiting for you?
To Will Palmer, Guy Bloom is more than the elderly, senile neighbor he looks after—he’s the last connection to Jocelyn, the woman Will loved and lost. But the reunion with Jocelyn doesn’t go smoothly. Shocked by the change in her father’s personality, Jocelyn struggles to reconcile her dark childhood with the sweet, confused man who has grown close to Will. Jocelyn has guided countless clients to happiness—but can she escape the rainy days of her past for a new sunny future with Will?
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Book in Series:
- Leave a comment for Roxanne about your favorite kiss in the rain scene (books, movies or TV shows)
- Fill out the rafflecopter form below. You must leave a comment. All other entries are optional.
a Rafflecopter giveaway