Thursday, November 22, 2012

Erotica Review: The Prince by Tiffany Reisz

THE PRINCE by Tiffany Reisz
Series: The Original Sinners #3
Format: Paperback
Genre: Erotica
Length: 400 pages
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA (November 20, 2012)

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer...preferably in bed. That's always been Kingsley Edge's strategy with his associate, the notorious New York dominatrix Nora Sutherlin. But with Nora away in Kentucky, now it's Kingsley's chance to take her place at the feet of the only man he's ever wanted -- Søren, Nora's on-again, off-again lover -- until a new threat from an old enemy forces him to confront his past.

Wes Railey is still the object of Nora's tamest yet most maddening fantasies, and the one man she can't forget. He's young. He's wonderful. He's also thoroughbred royalty and she's in "his" world now. But Nora is no simpering Southern belle, and her dream of fitting into Wesley's world is perpetually at odds with her dear Søren's relentlessly seductive pull.

Two worlds of wealth and passion call to her and whichever one Nora chooses, it will be the hardest decision she will ever have to make... unless someone makes it for her....
Connect with Tiffany: Author Site | Facebook | Twitter
Get Your Own Copy: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Nook
Extras: Discover Freebies and sExtras | Read an Excerpt
Other Book in Series:

REVIEW:


If you have yet to read The Siren and The Angel you’re a fool. If you haven’t read them then don’t even think about picking up The Prince until you do. The Prince picks up right where The Angel ends. It is also broken up into three different storylines. You have Nora and Wes in the present, Søren and Kingsley in the present, and my favorite, Søren and Kingsley in the past.

I’m going to stop trying to figure out what to expect when it comes to reading Tiffany Reisz’s stories. She constantly blows me away and The Prince is no different. Her stories, while there are many characters, usually really focus in on one character. The Siren I would consider to be Nora’s book, while The Angel focused on Michael with a big side of Søren. I was expecting The Prince to focus mainly on Wes but I was wrong.

The Prince, in my opinion, is Kingsley’s book. For the past two books Kingsley Edge has been almost in the background. I say almost because he’s Kingsley Edge and well he stands out, but we really get to know him in The Prince. We see his past and how it shaped who he is now. And if you thought Kingsley is charming and dangerous now, Young Kingsley is just as charming and dangerous. And Young Søren is just as sexy and scary as the Søren that I love… maybe more so.

I cannot begin to say how much I loved seeing Søren and Kingsley’s past. Seeing the bond and love they shared then and how it has followed them into the present nearly broke me. Well, it did. I was an emotional mess, tearing up with these two.

I was also surprised by Nora and Wes. I have always been a fan of Nora but I think in The Prince we see her stripped down and a little vulnerable. And Wes, I was never really a fan of his but he’s winning me over. He really grew up since we last saw him.

The Prince answers the question of who stole Nora’s file from Kingsley’s house. But of course it’s not the end. With the final three words of the book Tiffany Reisz has left us on pins and needles for The Mistress.

Favorite Quote
God closed His eyes.
** This was like a punch to the gut, in a good way. The whole scene leading up to this line nearly killed me. **

Overall
Tiffany Reisz’s Original Sinners series reaches a new level of dangerous in The Prince. It is heartbreakingly beautiful and devastating at the same time. The training wheels are off and it’s full steam ahead. I cannot wait to see what The Mistress has in store for us.

Tiffany Reisz does something that many authors aim for but miss the mark. She makes you fall in love with her characters, flaws and all. Never have I ever read a book that has made me feel the way I did when I read The Prince. I was so absorbed into the writing that I swear I could feel every touch, every kiss, and every hit.

Put on your big girl panties, grab a box of tissues and sit and read The Prince.


***review copy provided by Netgalley***



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...