Friday, October 26, 2012

Jamie's Juicy Tidbits: JR Ward


A note from Kati: Before I let Jamie go all crazy-like with her love for all things Black Dagger Brotherhood (BDB, henceforth), I have a confession to make. Before Jamie pushed the BDB on me, I had no clue who JR Ward was *gasp*. I had never heard of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Sure, I'd read vampire romances but goodness gracious! This series is not to be missed. At. All. I ended up buying the backlist AND also bought the Fallen Angels series as well which is set in the same town as the BDB-verse.

Take it away Jamie...



Jamie's Tidbit: I’m on a mission to get everyone to read my favorite paranormal series. Can you guess what it is? It involves vampires. That’s right, it’s JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I’m obsessed with it. I’m addicted to it. It’s my chrack. I plan on getting everyone addicted to it. Just ask Kati.

Anyway, as I’m not so patiently waiting for the next book and stalking Ward’s facebook page for snippets from it I saw what I’m sure is every authors nightmare… She lost 50 pages from Lover at Last. Yes, Qhuay’s book! (Qhuinn and Blay’s for you non-BDB’s)

The good news is that thanks to a Marine with kick ass computer skills he was able to get her lost pages back. Can we get a hoorah for him? The even better news is that she posted a snippet from Lover at Last. And if that wasn’t enough, we got the back cover blurb too.

Qhuinn, son of no one, is used to being on his own. Disavowed from his bloodline, shunned by the aristocracy, he has finally found an identity as one of the most brutal fighters in the war against the Lessening Society. But his life is not complete. Even as the prospect of having a family of his own seems to be within reach, he is empty on the inside, his heart given to another....

Blay, after years of unrequited love, has moved on from his feelings for Qhuinn. And it’s about time: The male has found his perfect match in a Chosen female, and they are going to have a young- just as Qhuinn has always wanted for himself. It’s hard to see the new couple together, but building your life around a pipe dream is just a heartbreak waiting to happen. As he’s learned firsthand.

Fate seems to have taken these vampire soldiers in different directions... but as the battle over the race’s throne intensifies, and new players on the scene in Caldwell create mortal danger for the Brotherhood, Qhuinn finally learns the true definition of courage, and two hearts who are meant to be together... finally become one.

I am so excited for their story it isn’t even funny. I love how originally their story was only going to be a novella and how it has become a full-fledged JR Ward story. What’s even more amazing is that it’s being released in hardcover and it’s a M/M story. This is huge! But these two have been around since Lover Awakened (book 3) and watching them grow and evolve has been a fabulous sort of torture. I can only imagine how much this book is going to kill me. I barely survived Lover Reborn.

If you’ve not read these books then go and get Dark Lover now. If you’ve been thinking of reading them then I suggest you bump it up to the top of your TBR pile. I held off on reading Dark Lover for about 6 months. It literally sat on my nightstand and I didn’t think I ready to dive into a paranormal world. But when I did I kicked myself for waiting.

So my Juicy Tidbit for the week is… Read JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series. And if you already have… perhaps a re-read of the series or your favorite BDB book. I know I have Kati doing a re-read.




Excerpts: 

So tell me… Are you excited for Qhuay’s book? What was your favorite book? Your favorite Brother?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...