Friday, September 7, 2012

Jamie's Juicy Tidbits: PIRATES!

Happy Friday everyone! We've been talking about this new feature forever and have finally decided that it's time. Each Friday Jamie will be sharing something that caught her eye during the week whether it's a book theme, a specific book, a must read author or anything romance book related. This week Jamie will be sharing:

PIRATES!!!

Jamie: I’ve been in a reading slump. We’ve all been there. We overdose on one genre so we try to break it up by switching. First, for me, it was historicals. I was tired of the ballrooms. Next it was paranormals. Too many vampires. And finally, contemporaries just weren’t cutting it. Now I’m stuck in a rut. So I do what I always do… hit up my blogger buddies and see what their reading.

So there I was perusing my twitter and saw that Tori (@smexys_sidekick) recommended Jennifer Ashley’s historical The Pirate Next Door and it was only $.99.

So I bought because:
  1. I am a big fan of Jennifer
  2. It’s a full-length novel for $.99 
  3. I’m addicted to the one-click button and 
  4. Tori usually has good picks.

Now to be honest, I haven’t been in the mood to read a historical in a very long time. I have a pile sitting on my desk that I’ve been meaning to read but just haven’t been inspired to pick any of them up so why I decided to add another to the list is beyond me. But there it was and I am ever so thankful because as I was waiting for an oil change I opened up my kindle app, clicked on the wrong book and feel in love with a pirate.

I am all about the pirates at the moment. And why not… they are sexy, dangerous and most certainly bad boys. Well, at least in books. Ok, and Johnny Deep. And I know many of you out there wouldn’t be opposed to some sexy rogue pirate stealing into your room and taking you up against the wall. (Ok, I may have read that in the book)

Any way, since I’ve been pulled out of my reading slump I wanted to share my pirates with you. Jennifer Ashley’s Regency Pirates have been re-released and at $.99 and $2.99 are definite steals. And when you’re done with those men let me suggest Shana Galen’s pirate Bastien in The Rogue Pirate’s Bride and Tessa Dare’s Gray in Surrender of a Siren.

So my Juicy Tidbit for this week is that every lady should have a love affair with a pirate. So go forth and find a pirate to ravish!



HAPPY READING!

What about YOU dear reader? What's your favorite pirate romance?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...