Friday, August 24, 2012

Contemporary eARC Review: Call Me Wild by Robin Kaye

CALL ME WILD by Robin Kaye
Series: Wild Thing #2
Format: eBook via Netgalley
Genre: Contemporary
Length: 352 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca (August 7, 2012)

She doesn't know a single thing about relationships...
Unemployed sportswriter Jessie James plans to make a killing writing a bestselling romance novel. She's never read one, but really, how hard can it be? Moving cross-country to a borrowed house in Idaho, Jessie starts her research with the first gorgeous guy she runs into...

Luckily, he knows everything...
Sports doctor Fisher Kincaid notices Jessie right away--the transplanted Easterner sticks out like a sore thumb in the small town. When he discovers she's researching attraction and romance, he graciously offers himself as a test subject. That's when everything starts to go wrong, and they both find out how much they need a few good lessons in love...
Connect with Robin: Author Site | Facebook | Twitter
Get Your Own Copy: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Nook | iBooks | Book Depository
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Book in Series:

REVIEW:

First, let me say I am a HUGE fan of Robin Kaye’s books. Second, I can’t help think of the Call Me Maybe song while I write this. If I was clever enough I would totally come up with some witty thing using the song lyric and the story. But I’m not that clever but I will say that it would totally work. Moving on.

Jessica James finds herself out of a job as a sports reporter in New York. However, the upside is that she can finally write a book that she’s been wanting to. The thing is she wants to write a romance novel because it should be easy to write, but the problem is she doesn’t believe in love. Jessie isn’t going to let that stop her though and she finds herself in her friend's cabin in Idaho.

Fisher Kincaid keeps running into Jessie everywhere the past few days. First while running and next while at Starbucks. When he finally approaches her with the Kincaid charm she shoots him down. It also doesn’t help that since Hunter, his twin, has gotten married Fisher feels that something is off. But there is something about Jessie that Fisher likes. Jessie, on the other hand, thinks Fisher is a stalker.

It wouldn’t be a Robin Kaye story if there weren’t some meddling family members. Karma, Fisher’s younger sister, befriends Jessie and realizes that her “stalker” is really her brother and plays matchmaker. This of course leads to the city girl getting lost out in the mountains and the sexy, outdoorsy doctor coming to her rescue.

Jessie made the story for me. I love her. She puts on this tough girl front but Fisher seems to get her to let loose. Along with her “leaky eyes” and her foul mouth, I find Jessie such a great heroine. And how can I not talk about Fisher? He cleans, he cooks, he’s a doctor and does manly outdoorsy things. But he’s also vulnerable when it comes to Jessie. She doesn’t believe in love but he it puts it out there for her to reject him. That right there is a real man.

Favorite Quote
Jessie collapsed on Fisher. Her gasps turned to tears, and fuckity, fuck, fuck, fuck. Her eyes were leaking again.

Overall
One of the things I like best about Robin Kaye’s books is that they blend the right amount of humor and vulnerability with her romance. Also, I love that they are all somewhat connected. I love seeing previous characters popping back in. It’s like a big party sometimes. Though, it’s not necessary to read the books in order I totally would, and its totally worth it.

Now, I want Jessie to be my friend and I cannot wait until Karma gets what’s coming to her. That girl needs to learn to mind her own business, but I love her anyway. Trapper is also still single and I can’t wait to see what happens with him.

Sidenote: Jessie’s mom sends her a package from Harold’s in Edison, NJ. I just wanted to mention that yes this place does exist and yes the sandwiches are that big. Oh, and the pickle bar is fabulous.



***review copy provided by publisher from Netgalley***



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...