Thursday, June 7, 2012

Road To RomCon with Claire Ashgrove/Tori St. Claire



WELCOME TO THE BLOG CLAIRE!!!

Meet Claire:
Claire Ashgrove has been writing since her early teens and maintained the hobby for twenty years before deciding to leap into the professional world. Her first contemporary novel, Seduction's Stakes, sold to The Wild Rose Press in 2008, where she continues to write steamy, sexy stories for the Champagne and Black Rose lines. Adding to these critically acclaimed romances, Claire’s paranormal romance series, The Curse of the Templars debuted with Tor in January 2012. For those who prefer the more erotic side of romance, she also writes for Berkley Heat as the National Bestselling Author Tori St. Claire.

She is an active member of Romance Writers of America, and her local RWA chapters, Heartland Romance Authors, Midwest Romance Writers, North Texas Romance Writers of America, and Celtic Hearts Romance Writers.

Claire lives in Missouri with her two toddler sons, and too-many horses, cats, and dogs. In her “free” time, she enjoys cooking, winning at Rummy, studying Ancient Civilizations, and spending quiet moments with her family, including the critters. She credits her success to her family's constant support and endless patience.

To learn more about Claire, visit her on the web at www.claireashgrove.com, or www.toristclaire.com.

RomCon Excitement
by Claire Ashgrove

I think for just about every author, going to a conference that’s for the readers primarily is exciting. We keep to our caves often, our noses buried in the keyboards, and the occasional fan mail slipping in. We rarely have opportunities to meet the readers who support us, to tell all of you how much we appreciate it. Or, in the cases of conventions, show our appreciation.

Next month, I’m over the moon excited to get to say hello in person. I’ve had a few people email me letting me know they will be there, and that’s made my day more than once this month. I’m really anxious to meet more of you.

On top of that, there’s some really FUN things going on that I’m excited to be a part of, simply because I do spend most of my time in my cave, and I’m anxious to escape the demidemons and have some adult time. Laugh!

So let’s start with my list:

Titanic Tea – What better way to celebrate the 100th Anniversary and honor those lost in a non-melancholy way. I’m anxious to find out if my character lived or died. Although, I confess, I wonder if those “lost” at RomCon will also gain a memorial service… hm. Perhaps that’s a bit morbid.

Ahem! Moving on.

I’m also really looking forward to Monte Carlo night! I love murder mysteries, and my dark side wants to be a villain. Mwa-ha-ha.

Let’s see, you’ll find me at the Paranormal Peace dinner, the erotic panel, and intimate lunches, chats and dinners. It will be nice to sit down with you one-on-one. I’m planning special gifts for those, so I hope you’re attending!

Last but not least, RomCon gives me the time to kick back, be myself, and connect with the people who’ve helped me get where I am. I still have mountains to climb, but I’m grateful you’ve been there, and I want to thank you. So stop me and say hello! Hint: if you have trouble finding me, check the bar.

See you in a few weeks. But while I’m here – is there any particular book you want me to make sure I have on hand?

~**~


Don't forget to keep up with all the Road to RomCon posts and to enter our grand prize giveaway.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...