Thursday, June 14, 2012

Road To RomCon Event: Spotlight on Teresa Medeiros

Teresa Medeiros writes books for everyone. Noble knights, seductive scoundrels, sexy vampires, pirates, highwaymen and oh, the list goes on and on. You must check out her backlist. Her adorable cats Buffy the Mouse Slayer and Willow Tum Tum occasionally make appearances on Twitter. We are beyond excited in meeting her in person in a week. A WEEK!!! Teresa stopped by the blog earlier this year to share a fabulous read, The Pleasure of Your Kiss, which is actually the book Kati chose to spotlight.

Meet Teresa:
New York Times bestseller Teresa Medeiros wrote her first novel at the age of twenty-one, introducing readers to one of the most beloved and versatile voices in romantic fiction. She has appeared on every national bestseller list, including the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly lists. She currently has over seven million books in print and is published in over seventeen languages.

She was chosen one of the "Top Ten Favorite Romance Authors" by Affaire de Coeur magazine and won the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award for "Best Historical Love and Laughter". She is a seven-time Rita finalist, two-time PRISM winner, and two-time recipient of the Waldenbooks Award for bestselling fiction.

Teresa is a charter member of the Romance Writers of America Honor Roll, Kentucky Romance Writers, and Novelists, Inc. She lives in Kentucky with her husband and her cats Willow and Buffy the Mouse Slayer. THE DEVIL WEARS PLAID, her 20th novel and most recent New York Times bestseller, was released in August 2010. Her first contemporary women's fiction novel GOODNIGHT TWEETHEART, a book about a man and woman who meet and fall in love on Twitter, was released by Gallery Books in January 2011.

Connect with Teresa:  Author Site(sign up for newsletter) | Twitter | Facebook

Jamie: I have only read a few of the fabulous Teresa Mederios books even though my TBR list is full of her backlist. Thinking back to the ones I’ve had the pleasure to read, picking a favorite was easier then I was expecting.

Yours Until Dawn is my favorite book I’ve read by her. I remember starting it right before I was heading down to Atlantic City and was so mad when it was time to go because I had to stop reading. So I threw my Kindle in the bag and was determined to finish it. Thankfully, the boys left me in relative peace only asking a couple of times what I was reading. When I finished, I tweeted how much I loved it and the best part was that Teresa Mederios tweeted me back. Total fan girl moment! So now I’m slowly working on that backlist.

YOURS UNTIL DAWN:
Was she an angel of mercy...or the devil in disguise?
Gabriel Fairchild's valor during the Battle of Trafalgar earns him the title of hero, but costs him both his sight and his hope for the future. Abandoned by the fiancee he adored, the man who once walked like a prince among London's elite secludes himself in his family's mansion, cursing his way through dark days and darker nights.

Prim nurse Samantha Wickersham arrives at Fairchild Park to find her new charge behaving more like a beast than a man. After their first fiery confrontation, she engages the arrogant earl in a hilarious battle of both wit and wills. Although he pronounces her a "tart, vinegary creature without an ounce of womanly softness about her", he is secretly intrigued by her dry sense of humor, her lack of pity, and the bold way she brooks no nonsense from him. Whenever she is near, he feels the stirrings of a desire he never thought he would feel again.

As Samantha begins to let the light back into Gabriel's life and his heart, they both discover that some pleasures are best explored in the dark.
Get Your Own Copy: Amazon(pb) | Kindle | B&N(pb) | Nook | Book Depository
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt

~~~***~~~


Kati: I read my first Teresa Medeiros earlier this year. The Pleasure of Your Kiss was such a fantastic read full of action, adventure, a harem and of course, I had the Indiana Jones theme song stuck in my head for a week. Ashton was swoon worthy and I immediately fell in love with Clarinda's wit. But the two people that actually stole the book for me were the sultan and Clarinda's companion.

I am still new to Teresa's backlist but as soon as I have a chance, I will be reading more of her books. The best part? Hosting Teresa on the blog AND her laughing at me via Twitter when I mentioned the Indiana Jones theme song are two of my Top 5 Fangirl Moments.

THE PLEASURE OF YOUR KISS:
Legendary adventurer Ashton Burke has roamed the globe for ten years trying to forget the spirited woman he left behind in England. His devil-may-care pursuits are interrupted, though, when he agrees to retrieve his brother's kidnapped fiancee from a sultan's harem. Too late, he discovers his quarry is none other than Clarinda Cardew, the very same girl who made off with his jaded heart.

The last thing Clarinda wants is to be trapped in a palace of sensual delights with the man whose irresistible kisses still haunt her sleepless nights. She quickly realizes that allowing Ashton to rescue her may put her yearning heart in even greater peril. In a journey both tantalizing and treacherous, Ashton and Clarinda resume the impetuous steps of their dangerous dance only to discover the most seductive pleasure of all may be love itself.


Get Your Own Copy: Amazon(pb) | Kindle | B&N(pb) | Nook | Book Depository | Powell's
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt

What about YOU? Do you have a favorite Teresa Medeiros book?

Don't forget to keep up with all the Road to RomCon posts and to enter our grand prize giveaway.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...