WELCOME TO THE BLOG TRISH!!!
I normally post most of my artwork, including character wallpapers, and personal work on my public FaceBook page.
Connect with Trish: Site | Facebook | Twitter
Welcome to Studio Smexy Saturdays at Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance Trish!!!
Jamie & Kati: Share 5 fun facts about yourself.
Pickyme: Oh man... Do I have any Fun facts? Hmmmm....
- I am short. 4'11 other people consider that "fun sized". (haha. Kati is too)
- I enjoy changing my hair color every three months. Pink stripes are my favorite.
- I would eat a pickle over chocolate any day. Wait, unless Nutella is around.
- I snore according to my hubby's camera video. Evidence that will be deleted soon!
- My favorite music is Country and Blake Shelton is MY man! Lol (We heart Blake as well)
J&K: What drew you to pursuing design?
P: Lots of things. I have always loved art. Loved being creative. Reading is my passion so I combined them.
J&K: How many hours do you spend on one cover?
P: This is hard to answer. No one cover is the same. The dynamics changed from working with a publisher which could be months before completed, versus an author. It just varies. I will say the minimum is probably 10 hours or so after tweaks.
J&K: What program do you use to design covers?
P: I only use Photoshop CS5 and a tablet.
J&K: When you design a cover, does the author have any input or do they give you full creative control?
P: That varies as well. Some authors want full control right down to picking the stock pictures. Others trust me to make it "just" right. With a publisher however, the author has no control over me. That is my designer and art directors call.
J&K: What is your favorite genre to design?
P: Paranormal!! My favorite to read as well. ;)
J&K: Which authors have you designed covers for?
P: My 2 year cover art anniversary is on May 14th. In two years I have worked on 76 different author's covers.
J&K: Is there a particular cover you've designed that means something special to you?
P: Oh yes! Sherrilyn Kenyon's cover means the world to me. She is my absolute favorite author. So it was a big deal. Still is! :)
We borrowed these two lovely photos from Trish's blog. How cool is that? Meeting the author you designed a cover for and her telling everyone that you did. Amazeballs!
Covers Shot by Studio Smexy & Designed by Pickyme:
- Leave a comment answering this question: What are your favorite elements on a book cover that draws you in? (ex:The Embrace, rock hard abs, flowy dresses) We're total covers whores here at the blog and we love 'em all, especially rock hard abs.
- Fill out the rafflecopter form below. You must leave a comment. All other entries are optional
a Rafflecopter giveaway