Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Jamie + Kati Double Team Erotica Review: The Siren by Tiffany Reisz

The Siren by Tiffany Reisz
Series: The Original Sinners #1
Genre: Erotica
Format: ARC
Length: 400 pages
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA (May 1,2012)

It's a man's world, but she's the one on top.
Notorious Nora Sutherlin is famous for her delicious works of erotica, each one more popular with readers than the last. But her latest manuscript is different--more serious, more personal--and she's sure it'll be her breakout book...if it ever sees the light of day.

Zach Easton holds Nora's fate in his well-manicured hands. The demanding British editor agrees to handle the book on one condition: he wants complete control. Nora must rewrite the entire novel to his exacting standards--in 6 weeks--or it's no deal.

Nora's grueling writing sessions with Zach are draining...and shockingly arousing. And a dangerous former lover has her wondering which is more torturous--staying away from him...or returning to his bed?

Nora thought she knew everything about being pushed to your limits. But in a world where passion is pain, nothing is ever simple. (back cover)
Connect with Tiffany: Author Site | Twitter
Get Your Own Copy: Kindle | Nook
Pre-Order: Amazon(pb) | B&N(pb)

Reviews: (favorite quotes contains adult material)

Jamie's Review:
Trying to find the words that can eloquently describe what I feel for this story and for Tiffany Reisz is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever tried to do. I have been waiting for The Siren for a long time wondering if it would meet the expectations I had building in my head. Not only did it meet them, but it surpassed anything I could imagine.

There is no other way to describe it but to say The Siren has completely ruined me. I am broken. And I am so in love with it. I was not expecting to be taken on such an emotional rollercoaster. I laughed, I cried, I fell in love and then had my heart broken.

The Siren is rough, hard, and edgy yet it is also full of love. I dare you to read it and not fall in love with Nora… or with any of the characters. Siren pushed my limits and took me WAY out of my comfort zone but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Tiffany Reisz is a brilliant writer.

Favorite Quotes:
“I know people think erotica is just a romance novel with rough sex. It’s not. If it’s a subgenre of anything, its horror.”
“Horror? Really?”
“Romance is sex plus love. Erotica is sex plus fear. You’re terrified of me, aren’t you?”
“Slightly,” he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. (pg 29)

“I like virgins, perverts and whores,” Nora said without apology. “I couldn’t care less about the people who just fuck for fun on the weekends.” (pg 58-59)

"Such a punk,"Nora said, watching him walk away. "Thinks he's a sex ninja."
"Friend of yours?" Zach asked.
"Kink buddy. But he talks too much so I have to gag him every time we fuck. Cute, isn't he?" (pg 214)

Kati's Review:
Dear world,
Tiffany Reisz is here to stay.
Love,
K


The Siren was in one word: a masterpiece. I suppose there has to be more words to describe it so here ya go: erotica at it’s best, heartbreaking, emotionally draining, giggletastic, provocative, a keeper, unputdownable, intriguing, full of win and AMAZEBALLS.

From the first sentence until the last I was captivated. This is beautifully written with complex characters, an intricate plot, memorable quotes and totally pushed me out of my comfort zone in a good way. I gained a respect for this world after reading Seven Day Loan but The Siren built on my glimpse of a world of open sexuality between consenting adults that people shouldn’t fear because it’s different.

This is not a romantic story wrapped up with a happy ending. It is a story of love, lust, loss, yearning, discovery and left me wanting in such a bad way. I’m hanging on a precipice waiting for the next book to push me over that edge, waiting to be fully satisfied but knowing Tiffany, I’ll be brought to the edge once again and left wanting.

When reading this book, it’s okay to put it down to breathe. Use your safeword. Then pick it back up again.

Favorite Quotes:
"A Bible-quoting erotica writer---you are quite the oxymoron," Zach said.
"And a Moxie Whore-On sometimes." Nora winked at him. "If it helps, Søren used to say Catholicism was the perfect faith for someone into S&M." (pg 20)

"Stop me if you've heard this one---a priest, a rabbi and a griffin walk into an S&M club..." (pg 218)

Adrift and unmoored, she had tried again and again to throw him a rope to save him from the raging waters. And now he no longer felt like a drowning man at sea. Nora...the siren and the goddess, the ship and the wine-dark sea. She would either save him or end him. Right now, with her words singing in his ears, he didn't really care which. (pg 382)

Overall:
We were at a loss for words once we finished. How do you describe to someone else how much you love a book? Do you say, 'You've got to read it to get the feeling'? Or do you try to find words? We kind of did a bit of both. We're telling you that you must buy this book to get the full experience but after some soul searching, we found words. Emotional and utterly ruined come to mind. We hold Tiffany's book as The Standard for any other erotica we read. So authors, you've got your work cut out for you. From now on, your book will be judged on a scale of DNF-The Tiffany Reisz. That's right, we just made up our own erotica rating scale.

It's so hard to pick just one!!!


***review copy provided by author***


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...