Monday, March 12, 2012

Romantic Suspense Review: Run From Fear by Jami Alden

RUN FROM FEAR by Jami Alden
FORMAT: eBook via Netgalley
GENRE: Romantic Suspense
LENGTH: 464 pages
PUBLISHER: Forever (February 28,2012)

With each step she takes, he tracks her every move, waiting for the perfect time. The perfect revenge. Until then, he’ll watch her…

More than anything, Talia Vega wanted to leave behind her harrowing past. Moving 800 miles away, she succeeded . . . until the one man who knows her darkest secrets wanders into the restaurant where she works. Now the agonizing memories come crashing back—along with an undeniable desire for Jack Brooks, the ex-Green Beret who rescued her from a sadistic monster two years ago.

Jack Brooks knows that showing up unannounced is a purely selfish move. Talia doesn’t need his protection anymore, but he can’t get the raven-haired beauty out of his mind. And when a twisted madman is hell-bent on resurrecting her tortuous past, Jack vows to do anything to keep her safe--even risk his own life to save the only woman he’s ever loved.
Connect with Jami: Author Site | Facebook | Twitter
Buy It Here: Amazon(pb) | Kindle | B&N(pb) | Nook | Book Depository
I loved it
Other Books in Series:


REVIEW:

When I first think of Romantic Suspense I know there’s going to be a bad guy of some sort and that the hero will be hot and heroic. Jami Alden sure fits this idea but she takes it further and adds real depth to the characters she has created.

Two years ago Talia Vega was tortured and abused. Left with serious scars, both physically and emotionally, she has done her best to live her life, making it normal for her and her sister. Then Jack Brooks shows up and throws Talia off her game.

Jack was the one that literally pulled Talia out from that horrible situation and have never been able to let her go. Jack has kept his distance, knowing that Talia had to heal, but he has always had an eye on her. But after two years he had to see for himself that she was ok then he would leave. Expect he found himself unable to walk away from her, especially when it looks like someone is trying to bring up her past.

Jack and Talia have a very complicated past. Talia is very untrusting of men, in general because of what happened, and even though she knows Jack would never do anything to hurt her she is wary. She doesn’t trust herself anymore and she fears that Jack wouldn’t want her because of what has happened and the mistakes she’s made.

Jack is a complete Alpha man, with a capital A. He wants to take care of Talia and protect her. His own past has had some rough patches and shaped his protective nature. But with Talia it goes further. I just love how real he is with her and how he tries to break through to her so she can see just what she’s missing from her life.

Favorite Quote:
“If I’m ever with you, Talia,” he said, his voice low, his mouth hovering so close to hers he could feel the heat of her nervous breath, “it will be because you want me so bad you feel like you’re going to die if you don’t have me.”
Her dark eyes flashed with anger. “You want me to beg? You want to humiliate me?”
Jack’s resignation sank in his gut like a cannonball. “I don’t want to do anything to hurt you, Talia. All I want,” he said, struggling to keep the frustration from his voice, “is for you to want me the way I want you.”
Overall:
Run From Fear is full of win. I was on the edge of my seat from the beginning and I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. My heart was in my throat and my stomach was in knots while reading. Jami Alden does an amazing job keeping us drawn in with suspense but really kept things hot with the sexual tension (seriously hot!). If you’re looking for a great RS then try this.

Also, even though I hadn’t read the first two in the series I was not lost at all. Though I will say that I will be picking them up to read soon.

***review copy from Netgalley***


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...