Monday, April 11, 2011

Top 5 Favorite Locations...



In honor of Man Candy Monday, I'd like to share with you this video of Henry Cavill talking about his top five favorite shoot locations. So in the spirit of top 5's and favorite places, I'd like to share mine with you. Maybe I feel in love with the place because I visited it. Maybe I saw it in a movie or a TV show. Most likely, my favorite swoon worthy man is from there. I shall do my best sharing my reason but if all else fails, I'll just add a picture.


My Top Five Places:

5. Hawaii - Surf, sun, sand and sexy surfers. What more could a girl ask for? I lived on Maui when I was younger. The allure of the waterfalls and lush tropical setting always seemed romantic to me (even at the age of 7). Our property was next to a field of sugar cane and the edge overlooked a sheer drop of cliffs ending in the ocean. I would spend my weekends at the beach and build sand castles until the sun went down.
Alex O'Laughlin from Hawaii Five-0

4. Canada - There's something about wide open spaces underneath a starry sky with nothing but nature as your company. Well, that's what it seems like on those survival/fishing/hunting shows. There's nothing but forest and streams for miles. When I think of Canada, 3 things come to mind: the Royal Canadian Mounted Police with their 'mount me hats' (yes, I just said that), Michael Buble and Ryan Reynolds. (And sometimes Celine Dion)
Ryan Reynolds, a hot piece
 of Canadian man meat.

3. Venice and Rome, Italy - I can't choose between  the two. I agree with Henry on these two cities. The food is fantastic (but don't order pepperoni pizza because they'll only put peppers since pepperoni is an American thing) and the people are great and so very Italian. The cities are old but the atmosphere is indeed young and bubbly. The people are constantly in motion. There's something very romantic about the city at night. The Trevi Fountain (throw a coin, make a wish) cast in soft light, musicians strolling about in the piazzas and street vendors hawking their wares (mostly flowers) emphasizes that atmosphere. There's also something magical about the energy and mystery of Carnevale di Venezia. Confession: I ate nothing but carbs on my week long trip and didn't gain a pound. Best senior graduation gift EVER!
If the gladiators looked like this,
 I'd spend everyday at the Colosseum 

2. England -What's hotter than a man with a British accent? Nothing! I've been in love with this country since discovering romance books at 14. Titles, ballrooms, jewels and a turn around Hyde Park (see and be seen) sounded very glamorous to me. Confession: I have never been to England but it is on my bucket list. This country has given us so many good looking men (actors, musicians, athletes, fictional characters). I give you Exhibits A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H and I:
Yes, 2 of them are Mr. Darcy.

1.5 Australia - 2nd hottest accent: Australian. Also, 4 words: "the land down under" sounds dirty. My first introduction to this country was through Our Lips Our Sealed with the Olsen twins (when they did the whole twins visiting a foreign country and meet cute boys movies). They witnessed a jewel heist and were put into Witness Protection. Somehow, the family ends up in Australia. I completely fell in love with this country after watching 'Kate and Leopold' starring Hugh Jackman. (Ok, so I fell in lust with Hugh Jackman who happens to be from here.) I mean if a country can produce hotness like this...
Hugh Jackman- The only Australian man
who can play a Canadian while making
the world think he's American.

1. Ireland - I've had a fascination with this country since 5th grade. Every year for Food and World Culture Fair Day, I'd decorate that tri-fold presentation board with all things Irish and make Irish Shepherd's Pie for sampling. The discovery of Jonathan Rhys Meyers in 'Bend It Like Beckham' helped solidify my love for this country. I mean...the lush, green rolling hills, crumbling castles, hauntingly romantic music and folklore of mythological proportions endeared me to this country.
   
Although, I would not be caught dead
walking in heels or toting luggage in the
middle of nowhere Ireland.
Both stills are from 'Leap Year'


So there you have it. My top 5 favorite countries. Within those countries, I've made a bucket list of all the places, museums, landmarks, cities or what have you to visit and oogle. What's that? I chose 6 countries instead of 5? Well, technically, people of Australia are either predominantly British or Irish origin. Also, Australia's flag has the British Union Jack on it. So hah!



Sidenote1,000 Places to See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz has been highlighted and annotated. Perhaps on my journey, I will finally meet Henry Cavill, we'll fall in love and have a happily ever after. (Shhh...don't tell DH about that.) Unless of course he takes out a restraining order.



What is YOUR favorite place or places? Why? 







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...