Welcome to Studio Smexy Saturdays at Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance Mistress Tiffany!
When not under arrest, Tiffany enjoys Latin Dance, Latin Men, and Latin Verbs. She dropped out of a conservative southern seminary in order to pursue her dream of becoming a smut peddler. Johnny Depp’s aunt was her fourth grade teacher. Her first full-length novel THE SIREN was inspired by a desire to tie up actor Jason Isaacs (on paper). She hopes someday life will imitate art (in bed).
If she couldn’t write, she would die.
Connect with Tiffany: Twitter(NSFW) | Author Site
Okay, before we go on to Jenn's fan illustrations with Levi (for those of you have been with us since the beginning, he's the guy who stripped in his car after knowing Jamie for like 5 minutes), we're asking Tiffany some questions...
Jamie & Kati: Share 5 fun facts about yourself.
- I dropped out of a conservative southern seminary where I was a Master’s of Theology student to become an erotica writer.
- Johnny Depp’s aunt was my 4th grade teacher which practically makes us family, right?
- My big high school celebrity crush was David Letterman.
- According to Mistress Amiko, I’m a “legend” at Mistress Elizabeth’s dungeon in NYC because I not only had a session by myself, I blogged about it and shared pictures.
- My boyfriend is Andrew Shaffer/Evil Wylie/Emperor Franzen/Fanny Merkin, author of FIFTY SHAMES OF EARL GREY. He’s parody of 50 Shades of Gray and my book THE SIREN will come out in trade paperback the same week (last week of July).
TR: SEVEN DAY LOAN was written in a weekend after I say Harlequin Spice Briefs was seeking submissions for short, hot novellas that contained taboo sexual practices. My dream was to get THE SIREN published someday so I thought it would be fun to write a prequel about the main character of THE SIREN back in her submissive days before she grew up and became a world famous Dominatrix. Writing prequels helps me get to know my characters better and write them more authentically. Daniel, the male lead of SEVEN DAY LOAN, was something of an afterthought. I had a librarian friend who would wax poetic about how wonderful the Dewey Decimal System is and the idea came to me to write a character who was sexy and kinky but actually passionately cared about the Dewey Decimal System. It shocked me how much readers latched onto Daniel who I’d considered a mere footnote in THE ORIGINAL SINNERS cannon.
J&K: What was your first reaction to Jenn’s fan illustrations and did you make posters out of them?
TR: The day will come when I will make posters of those photos, frame them, and hang them around the house. What I’d love to do is create an illustrated eBook of the story using her fan art. Due to publishing contracts, etc, that’s not possible yet. But it will happen!
J&K: If you could turn THE SIREN into an illustrated romance *ducks head while Jenn throws a riding crop for even suggesting this* which seven scenes would you pick to be illustrated?
TR: I think poor Jenn would go to jail if she tried to illustrate THE SIREN. But since this is a fantasy, let’s run with it.
- Zach & Nora on the spiral staircase talking. Nora leans forward and Zach can smell her perfume. It’s subtle but it’s the first time he reacts to her in a sexual way.
- Nora dressed as Marlene Dietrich in her white suit and fedora as she dominates a beautiful female submissive
- Nora’s flashback to her last anniversary with her ex-lover as she cries a tear that runs down his naked back. Really I just want to see that sexy naked back of his.
- Nora and Zach in the Aston Martin as she gives him a hard lesson in what it means to be kinky. Hard is the operative word here.
- Zach blindfolded with his hands tied behind his back – that single image inspired THE SIREN.
J&K: Describe Studio Smexy in one word (smexy or sexy don’t count)
J&K: Do you get any say in what goes on your cover? If you do, would you use any images from Studio Smexy on a future cover?
TR: I’m always asked if I have suggestions for the cover. My covers are iconic and minimalist. No bare-chested hotties on my covers. We’re going for something more eye- catching than that. For THE ANGEL, I suggested a pair of male wrists tattooed with angel wings and my publisher ran with it and created my favorite cover. All the covers are of one single body part so if Jenn could restrain her lens enough to focus on just one part, then of course!
J&K: What can readers expect from you next? AKA When can we bargain what’s left of our souls for the next book?
TR: No soul-selling necessary. The next two books are already written and slated to come out in Fall of 2012. I also have a Spice Brief starring Kingsley coming out in July. You might have to sell your soul for the other five books in the series, however. I haven’t written them yet.
But I will.
Thanks Tiff! And now...on to Jenn and her illustrations:
A note from Jenn: It's difficult to put into words how much I love Daniel. As a character, he is brilliant, tortured soul, desperately in love with his wife, but wanting so much more. We first meet Daniel in her Spice Brief SEVEN DAY LOAN. He is broken, and wanting, but frozen in time and unable to move forward. That all changes when a woman arrives at his doorstep, a gift, of sorts. She changes him, brings him back, then goes on a soul rending journey of his own and returns, and when he does...well...that's what happens next, in Daniel Part Two: I was so taken with this story that I went to my studio and did fan illustrations. Because I was moved by the story, by the imagery, by the sheer depth of emotion to the story. Tiffany Reisz can move you like very few authors can. Her first novel, THE SIREN is simply brilliant. So I illustrated Daniel, and this is what happened.
Of course Daniel has no tattoos, but I loved the intensity in this image.
And there's a bathtub scene. Need I say more? I didn't think so.
ALL IMAGES ©Jenn LeBlanc
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED NO COPYING, DOWNLOADING, or REPRODUCTION without the express permission of the owner
SEVEN DAY LOAN:
A trained submissive, Eleanor will do whatever her master commands...even spend a week with a stranger. Daniel has been a recluse since his wife's death, and Eleanor's lover thinks spending time with her will be therapeutic—especially since Daniel is also a Dom.
Despite her defiant streak, Eleanor can't resist giving in to Daniel's erotic demands. But while she'll let him have her body, she's determined to keep a guard around her heart. Even if Daniel wants to make Eleanor his permanently....
- Leave a comment about erotica books, Studio Smexy Saturdays or fisting (yeah, we said fisting--it happens in the novella)
- Fill out the rafflecopter form below. You MUST leave a comment. All other entries are optional.
a Rafflecopter giveaway