IMMORTAL RIDER by Larissa IoneConnect with Larissa: Author Site | Twitter | Facebook | Blog
MASS MARKET PAPERBACK: 448 pages
PUBLISHER: Grand Central Publishing (November 22, 2011)
They are here. They ride. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Arik Wagner, a soldier with the U.S. Army's paranormal unit, the R-XR, kissed a girl and liked it. And then he went to hell as punishment. Where he's spent weeks being tortured…and plotting revenge.
Limos, Horsewoman of the Apocalypse, isn't your average girl. She's immortal, dangerous, and her fiancé is Satan himself. In a moment of weakness, she gave in to her desire and kissed Arik, triggering her fiancé's wrath – and his claim on her. In order to save Arik, and the world, Limos must make a dangerous pact with her recently turned evil brother, Pestilence. A deal that might just cost her her soul…and her heart.
Where To Buy: Amazon(pb) | Kindle | B&N(pb) | Nook | Book Depository
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Once again: Unholy mother of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse! Another heart pounding, adrenaline fueled read of EPIC proportions from Ms. Larissa Ione. Yeah. I said it. There's just something about the way she writes that grips the reader from the first page, through the gruesome torture and battle scenes, the toe curling anger sex, all the way to the 'aww how sweet' moment and then bam! you're given a teaser for the next book in the series and you want more.
7 Reason To Read This Book:
- Arik Wagner. You know when someone says they would be willing to take a bullet or die for you? Well, Arik goes above and beyond when it comes to protecting Limos after he accidentally kisses her and he's pulled into hell. Literally. Before the roots take him to hell, Limos pleads with him to not say her name. Weird right? He's gutted like a fish, mentally tortured by a seductive Limos, his eardrums are blown out. His torturers bring him to the brink of death and have him healed again. Rinse and repeat.
- Limos aka Famine. She may look like a girlie girl with her flip flops, floral print clothes, the smell of coconut drifting from every pore but heaven help you if you get on her bad side. Gone is the girlie girl. In her place is one badass chick who wields a sword better than any man, rides a flesh eating horse and make you hunger until there's nothing left. Literally.
- Bride of Satan. Poor Limos. She's been promised to Satan since she was a child. Only when in agony a man says her name, she becomes Satan's bride. Sheesh!
- Holy shit! chastity belt. I've heard of women in Africa putting sharp objects in their hoohahs to protect themselves from rape (think of barbed wire that will cut off a man's hoohoo). Limos's chastity belt reminds me of that. Of course it looks innocent, a chain of pearls, but when an appendage gets close to it, BAM! it turns vicious and razor sharp that it will cut off anything that gets near it (fingers, toes, penises).
- Reaver. He's the good guardian angel. Well, almost angel since he's still trying to earn his wings back after doing something horrible and was cast out of heaven. Even though he's been kidnapped and stripped of the source of his power by Harvester (the bad guardian angel) and force fed a drink that will turn him into a raving lunatic, someone upstairs is definitely on his side. He's able to keep it together and even defend Harvester from his captor.
- Harvester. She's the bad guardian angel. And well, bad doesn't even being to describe her. More like, instigator. She wants to be on the winning side and right now, it looks like Pestilence's. If you look under the surface, there's something about her that could possibly be redeemed when the end of times finally happens.
- Thanatos aka Death. Ah yes, the virgin Horseman. A woman has been sent to tempt him because of a prophecy found on some ancient scrolls. Something about life coming from death and saving them all. Uh, isn't it written somewhere that should Than give up his virginity, the world goes to hell?
All she knew was that her Horseman name, Famine, was fitting. She'd always been starving for something she couldn't name, because she hadn't experienced it. Now she had.OVERALL: Holy crap-ola. Could someone please make a movie of this series? Or maybe a TV show? Hollywood, can you hear me? With a huge budget of course. Don't want to skimp on the awesome effects. Confession: As I read this book in the dead of night, it played almost as a movie reel in my head. I could almost hear the souls moaning for release, the clash of swords, the clang of the armor as the Horsemen suited up, the agony of Arik's pain, the crash of the surf, the gross slurping and bone crunching of bodies being eaten by demons. Oh, you get the idea. I love how characters from the Demonica series keep popping up in this series. It's nice to visit old friends. The next book is on my reading list. Seriously. Larissa Ione has another super sexy edge-of-your-seat read. *sigh*
A man's touch. A man's affection.
Now she was hungrier than ever, and that could only be a bad thing.
***review copy bought by Kati***